This is the sixth journey of Bossuet’s Elevations on the Mysteries, the elevations are as follows:
- All men in one man. First foundation of God’s justice in original sin.
- The father rewarded and punished in children, second foundation of God’s righteousness in original sin.
- The original justice of which Adam was deprived for himself and for his children, the third foundation of God’s justice in original sin.
- The terrible consequences of original sin by the fortieth chapter of Ecclesiasticus
- On another passage where the heaviness of the Soul overwhelmed with a mortal body is explained
- On other passages where is explained the tyranny of death
- The human race sinks into ignorance and sin
- On the horrors of idolatry